Prep 15 mins
Cook 40 mins
This is beyond easy to do and has a very rich flavour. It can be a first course or the main meal with some crusty bread.
- 8 cups onions, thinly sliced
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1⁄3 cup butter or 1⁄3 cup margarine
- 6 (14 ounce) cans chicken broth or 6 (14 ounce) cans homemade chicken stock
- 12 ounces brie cheese, rind removed and cubed
- In a dutch oven over medium heat saute onions and sugar in butter for about 30 minutes until onions are golden brown and cooked.
- Stir in chicken broth.
- Add Brie.
- Heat gently until cheese is melted, stirring occasionally.