1/15 Photos of Onion Brie Appetizer
Guests will think you spent hours preparing these appetizers. They are very pleasing to the eye and the taste of Brie, caramelized onions and caraway is delicious. Prep time is approximate and includes the 15 minute chill time.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 medium onions, thinly sliced
- 3 tablespoons butter or 3 tablespoons margarine
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon white wine vinegar or 1/2 teaspoon cider vinegar
- 1 sheet frozen puff pastry, thawed
- 4 ounces brie cheese or 4 ounces camembert cheese, rind removed, softened
- 1 -2 teaspoon caraway seed
- 1 egg
- 2 teaspoons water
- 1In a large skillet, cook the onions, butter, brown sugar and vinegar over medium-low heat until onions are golden brown, stirring frequently.
- 2Remove with a slotted spoon and cool to room temperature.
- 3On a lightly floured surface, roll puff pastry into an 11x8 inch rectangle.
- 4Spread Brie over pastry.
- 5Cover with the onions; sprinkle with caraway seeds.
- 6Roll up one long side to the middle of the dough; roll up the other side so the two rolls meet in the center.
- 7Using a serrated knife, cut into 1/2 inch slices.
- 8Place on parchment paper-lined baking sheets; flatten to 1/4 inch thickness.
- 9Refrigerate for 15 minutes.
- 10In a small bowl, beat egg and water; brush over slices.
- 11Bake at 375°F for 12-14 minutes, or until puffed and golden brown.
Browse Our Top Lunch/Snacks Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Lunch/Snacks Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Onion Brie Appetizer
Serving Size: 1 (713 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 1539.8
- Calories from Fat 989
- Total Fat 109.9 g
- Saturated Fat 44.6 g
- Cholesterol 260.7 mg
- Sodium 1145.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 106.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 5.4 g
- Sugars 25.7 g
- Protein 34.0 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
white wine vinegar