Recipe by Lightly Toasted
Delicious as a snack or as an accompaniment to dinner. I had it at a party, and had to play with the recipe until I could duplicate it. Great "comfort food"
- 1 loaf bread dough (frozen or made from scratch, I use bread machine)
- 59.14 ml butter or 59.14 ml margarine
- 1 large bermuda onion, thinly sliced
- 177.44 ml parmesan cheese
- 29.58 ml parsley
Directions See How It's Made
- Sauté onions in butter until limp and transparent, but not quite brown.
- Set aside.
- After dough has risen, roll out into rectangle, approx 18x22.
- Add Parmesan cheese and parsley to onion mixture and stir to combine well.
- Spread mixture over rolled out dough, to within 1 inch of edges.
- Roll up, jelly roll style, moistening edge to seal.
- Place seam side down, and bake at 350°F for approx 45 minutes.