Prep 10 mins
Cook 30 mins
This bread is so good. Try making it to have with meatloaf, pork roast, beef roast, etc.
- 2 medium onions (peeled and sliced thin)
- 3 tablespoons butter (may use margarine)
- 2 cups biscuit mix
- 1⁄2 cup milk (for topping)
- 1 egg
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon poppy seed
- Separate onion slices into rings.
- Cook in butter till soft (DO NOT BROWN).
- While onions are sautéing, combine biscuit mix and milk as package directs.
- Spread mix in a 8x8x2 inch (greased) cake pan.
- When onions are done, spread over the biscuit mix.
- Make topping by beating egg and sour cream and salt together; spread over onions.
- Sprinkle with poppy seeds.
- Bake at 375 degrees for 30 minutes or till topping is set.
- Serve Hot.