This recipe originally came from the booklet that accompanied my bread machine. I've modified it a bit and it's my family's favorite bread. We use it for sandwiches, toasted with parmesean cheese for dinner and even just toasted with butter for breakfast!
- Measure and add liquid ingredients to the bread pan.
- Measure and add dry ingredients (except yeast) to the bread pan.
- Use your finger to form a well (hole) in the flour where you will pour the yeast. Yeast must NEVER come into contact with a liquid when you are adding ingredients. Measure the yeast and carefully pour into the well.
- Close up bread machine.
- Choose the "basic" setting that most machines have - it's the three hour setting on mine.
- I always use the "light" crust color because the bread comes out quite a bit softer.