Recipe by Brieness79
This recipe originally came from the booklet that accompanied my bread machine. I've modified it a bit and it's my family's favorite bread. We use it for sandwiches, toasted with parmesean cheese for dinner and even just toasted with butter for breakfast!
Top Review by Cookin-jo
Fantastic! So easy, light texture and beautiful flavour. The aroma of this bread baking is heavenly. I used the dough cycle on my machine and then baked the bread into 2 loaves in the oven. I used only 2 garlic cloves and I think I'll increase it to 3 next time. I chopped the onions and garlic quite finely in my mini-processor and you would barely know they're in the bread except for the flavour. This will be made often. Thank you, Brieness!
- 1 1⁄4 cups water
- 2⁄3 cup chopped onion
- 4 -5 garlic cloves, chopped as finely as you prefer (optional)
- 4 tablespoons butter
- 4 cups flour
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 4 teaspoons dry milk
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 2 teaspoons yeast
Directions See How It's Made
- Measure and add liquid ingredients to the bread pan.
- Measure and add dry ingredients (except yeast) to the bread pan.
- Use your finger to form a well (hole) in the flour where you will pour the yeast. Yeast must NEVER come into contact with a liquid when you are adding ingredients. Measure the yeast and carefully pour into the well.
- Close up bread machine.
- Choose the "basic" setting that most machines have - it's the three hour setting on mine.
- I always use the "light" crust color because the bread comes out quite a bit softer.