Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
golden clusters of onion and hot spices bound in a crisp batter! Gram flour(chickpea flour) is important
- Heat the oil in deep saucepan.
- In a bowl mix the rest of ingredients with 2 tablespoons water to make a stiff, thick batter. If it seems too runny add more gram flour.
- Check oil temp by adding 1 tbsp of oil from the pan to the bhaji mix, if it sizzles, the oil is ready.
- slowly place teaspoon sized drops of the mix into the oil 5-6 at a time.
- they take about 1 min to cook and turn golden.
- they will be crunchie when cooled.
- serve with yoghurt and mint raita.
I am always on the lookout for good gluten free recipes. These were so flavorful! Golden, crunchy, and delicious. I followed the recipe exactly and used sliced onions. Will definitely be making these again.
Nice, but note that the onions need to be chopped finely, not just sliced. I ended up chopping further after I'd added the flour which was a bit messy.