Recipe by Bokenpop aka Madeleine
These tasty morsels remind me of the many snatched office breakfasts enjoyed with Riaz and Kapil. Hopefully this recipe will do justice to the wonderful memories I have of my two dear colleagues.
Top Review by eatrealfood
this didn't work well for us at all. i missed the besan in this and found the batter to be very bland. i search of a more authentic recipe i called home and asked my mom, she suggested i use some ground cumin or coriander seasonings to enhance the flavor, and to definitely use chana flour. sorry for the poor review, but this definitely does not yield the authentic bhajias i was hoping for.
- 2 cups flour
- 1 pinch salt
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 medium onion, finely chopped
- 1 -3 chile, depending on your heat needs
- 1 egg
- 3⁄4 cup milk
- oil, for deep frying
Directions See How It's Made
- Sift flour, salt and baking powder into a bowl.
- Add onion and chillies and mix til pieces well coated.
- Beat egg and milk and mix into flour til soft batter is formed.
- Fry spoonfuls of mixture in hot oil until gold brown.
- These are excellent with a good chai.