1/1 Photo of Onion & Beer Soup
Lighter than the traditional version & quick to make! If, like me, you're not a beer drinker - I suggest using a light beer - like Molson's Canadian!!!!!!!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Heat oil; add onions& sugar, cover and cook over medium heat, stirring occasionally, for 20- 25 minutes or until the onions are slightly coloured.
- 2Sprinkle flour over onions& stir in.
- 3Slowly add the beer, pour in chicken stock and season to taste.
- 4Bring to a boil, reduce heat and simmer for 5 minutes.
- 5Place toast slices in ovenproof soup bowls.
- 6Pour broth into each bowl, sprinkle with some parsley& top with grated cheese.
- 7Place under broiler for a couple of minutes to melt cheese.
Browse Our Top Clear Soup Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Onion & Beer Soup
Serving Size: 1 (531 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 636.0
- Calories from Fat 256
- Total Fat 28.5 g
- Saturated Fat 12.1 g
- Cholesterol 64.8 mg
- Sodium 836.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 62.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 4.2 g
- Sugars 13.2 g
- Protein 28.2 g