1 hr 45 mins
1 hr 15 mins
This loaf is great with almost any meal to take the place of dinner rolls. Delisious with a bowl of soup, or just as a snack buttered.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 3/4 cups flour
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 1/2 teaspoons dry mustard
- 1 1/4 cups shredded old cheddar cheese
- 2 green onions, finely chopped
- 2 teaspoons basil
- 1 bottle beer, room temperature
- 1 small onion, thinly sliced rings
- 1 tablespoon sesame seeds or 1 tablespoon sunflower seeds
- 1Combine flour, baking powder, sugar, mustard and salt.
- 2Stir in 1 cup cheese, green onion and basil.
- 3Pour in beer, stir just until blended and no dry spots remain.
- 4Spoon batter into greased 9 x 5 loaf pan.
- 5Lightly dredge onion rings in some flour.
- 6Place very thin onion rings barely overlapping on top of batter.
- 7Sprinkle seeds on top of batter.
- 8Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- 9Bake for 50-60 minutes .
- 10While loaf is hot out of the oven, sprinkle remaining cheese over top.
- 11Let stand in pan to cool 15 minutes.
- 12Remove from pan to rack to finish cooling.
- 13Slice when completely cool with a sharp serrated knife.
Browse Our Top Breads Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Onion Beer Bread
Serving Size: 1 (985 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 119.0
- Calories from Fat 28
- Total Fat 3.1 g
- Saturated Fat 1.7 g
- Cholesterol 8.2 mg
- Sodium 175.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 16.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.7 g
- Sugars 1.0 g
- Protein 4.2 g