Recipe by DuChick
A Pillsbury favorite...A cheese and bacon filling complements a flaky crescent pastry in a mouthwatering appetizer that's a snap to prepare!
Top Review by ~Nimz~
Oh these are just scrumptious. I'll admit I ate way too many. I took the advice of kiwi and doubled the filling, but I think that is a little much, because it doesn't give you much space to get a good roll of the dough. The flavors were so good, although I did leave out the caraway seed. I also added 2 finely chopped jalapeno peppers to spice it up some. Just wonderful little snacks to have. Thanks DuChick for sharing this one. Made for SSC Pet Parade.
- 3 slices bacon, cut into pieces
- 1⁄2 cup chopped onion
- 1 (3 ounce) package cream cheese, softened
- 1⁄3 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped fresh parsley
- 1⁄2 teaspoon paprika
- 1⁄4 teaspoon caraway seed, crushed
- 1 (8 ounce) can Pillsbury Refrigerated Crescent Dinner Rolls
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat oven to 375°F Spray cookie sheet with cooking spray.
- In 6-inch skillet, cook bacon over medium heat 3 minutes. Add onion; cook 3 to 5 minutes or until tender. Remove from heat. Drain if necessary.
- In small bowl, stir cream cheese until smooth. Add bacon mixture, Cheddar cheese, parsley, paprika and caraway seed; mix well. Set aside.
- Separate dough into 4 rectangles; press perforations to seal.
- Spoon 1/4 of bacon mixture onto each rectangle; spread to within 1/2 inch from 1 long side.
- Roll up each rectangle, starting with topped long side and rolling to untopped side. Press edge to seal.
- With serrated knife, cut each roll into 8 slices. Place cut down side on cookie sheet.
- Bake 15 to 20 minutes or until golden brown. Serve warm.