Prep 10 mins
Cook 10 mins
very good served with a nice green salad!!
- 2 slices bacon, chopped
- 1⁄8 teaspoon pepper
- 1⁄8 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 6 large egg whites, lightly beaten
- 1 large egg yolk, lightly beaten
- 1 1⁄2 cups thinly sliced sweet onions, separated into rings
- 2 tablespoons water
- 1⁄4 teaspoon sugar
- 4 cups torn spinach
- 1⁄4 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees F.
- Cook bacon slices in a 10-inch nonstick skillet over medium heat until crisp.
- Combine bacon slices and next 4 ingredients (bacon through egg yolk) in a bowl, and stir well.
- Set aside.
- Add onion to skillet; cover and cook 5 minutes or until crisp-tender, stirring occasionally.
- Add water and sugar; saute 5 minutes or until onion is tender and golden brown.
- Add spinach; cover and cook for 2 minutes or until spinach wilts.
- Stir in bacon mixture; spread evenly in bottom of skillet.
- Cook over medium-low heat 5 minutes or until almost set.
- Wrap handle of skillet with foil; place skillet in oven, and bake at 450 degrees F for 5 minutes or until set.
- Sprinkle with cheese; bake an additional minute or until cheese melts.