Prep 5 mins
Cook 20 mins
I copied and adjusted this recipe from a cookbook a long time ago. I make it every now and then when I get cravings for it and the kids love it as well. You can adjust the ingredients to your liking. I myself never measure anyway. You can use wide egg noodles, spaghetti or linguine.
- 1 lb pasta
- 6 tablespoons butter
- 3 onions, grated or finely chopped
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 2 -3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 1⁄2 cups yogurt, room temperature
- ground pepper
- fresh herb (optional)
- Prepare pasta according to package directions.
- In skillet heat 4 Tbs of the butter over medium heat. Once it sizzles add onions. Salt and sauté, stirring continually, until onion begins to brown.
- Add garlic and continue cooking for 3-4 minutes.
- Remove from heat, add remaining butter. Let it melt.
- In a serving bowl toss the drained Spaghetti with the yogurt, then add onion and garlic mixture and black pepper.
- At this point you could add chopped up fresh herbs.
- Depending on how you like it, you could add more yogurt.
- Serve immediately!
What a great recipe. My whole family loved this (DH&DS) tasted way better than any bechemel sauce I ever had. Nice and light and creamy. I always have lots of yogurt on hand. I made it into a one dish meal by topping it with chicken tenders, peas,spinach and seasonings. I did use penne instead because it's easier for my son to eat and the sauce stuck to it nicely.Thanks it's definately a keeper.Made for PAC Fall 09.
This dish surprised me. I chose it because I had everything on hand and wasn't expecting much from such a simple recipe, but WOW, this recipe is really good. I used whole wheat linguini. It's so simple that it would be easy to throw in extra ingredients and change it up. I will definately use this again. Made for Vegnswap 13 VIP.
I really enjoyed this, easy to do and very versatile. I stuck to the ingredients, although I enjoy the suggestions from other reviewers, I especially like the idea of dried red pepper flakes for that little bite. As we use little seasoning, we enjoyed the simple flavours here, this made a pleasant supper for DH and , and would certainly also go well with an added tomato-based sauce, or as a side dish. Thanks Bellinda, very nice! Made for Lucky 13 Vegetarian Swap, August 09