Recipe by Charishma_Ramchandani
Its a real treat in the summer!
Top Review by Anu
Charishma, this one's fabulous! I made this tonight for dinner along with chappatis and Lorac's Asian-Flavored Coleslaw (#33941) and the whole family loved it. The combination of coriander and mint is quite something and accompanies the spiciness of this dip well. I omitted the green chilies because I thought it might make it too spicy for me, as well as the ginger, which I didn't have. Thanks for this recipe... it'll definitely be made often here!
- 2 cups yoghurt
- 1 onion
- 1 cup coriander leaves
- 1 cup mint leaf
- 1 inch ginger
- 1 teaspoon cumin seed
- 1⁄2 teaspoon mustard seeds
- 3 green chilies
- 1⁄4 teaspoon red chili powder
Directions See How It's Made
- Peel and mince the onion.
- Clean, wash and chop corriander and mint leaves.
- Wash and mince the green chillies.
- Peel and chop the ginger.
- Roast and powder the cumin seeds.
- Powder the mustard seeds.
- Put the onions in water for 15 minutes.
- Drain thoroughly and keep aside.
- Blend the yoghurt with 2 tablespoons of water and seasonings.
- Beat till smooth.
- Stir in the rest of the ingredients.
- Serve garnished with a slit green chilli.