My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 tablespoons butter or 2 tablespoons margarine
- 1/2 cup coarsely chopped walnuts
- 1 teaspoon brown sugar
- 1 medium white onion, thinly sliced and separated into rings
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/4 cup finely chopped walnuts
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 cup olive oil or 1/4 cup cooking oil
- 2/3 cup chicken broth or 2/3 cup milk
- 3/4 cup shredded provolone cheese
- 3/4 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- 1To toast walnuts,in a large skillet melt 1 tbsp of the butter.
- 2Add the 1/2 cup coarsely chopped nuts,cook and stir over medium heat about 5 minutes or until just toasted.
- 3Remove from skillet and set aside.
- 4Melt remaining butter and brown sugar in the skillet.
- 5Add onion.
- 6Reduce heat and cook uncovered,10 minutes or until tender,stirring occasionally.
- 7In a large mixing bowl combine flour,1/4 cup chopped nuts,baking powder and salt.
- 8Make a well in center.
- 9In a small mixing bowl, combine olive oil and chicken broth; add all at once to dry mixture using a fork stir until just moistened.
- 10Turn dough onto lightly floured surface.
- 11Quickly knead dough by folding and pressing gently 5-6 strokes.
- 12Place dough on a large ungreased baking sheet; pat dough into a 10 inch circle.
- 13Bake at 400 for 5 minutes.
- 14Drain liquid from onions and then spread onions evenly over prebaked crust.
- 15Sprinkle with toasted walnuts,provolone and mozzarella cheeses.
- 16Bake at 400°F for 20-23 minutes or until golden.
- 17Cool on the baking sheet,on a wire rack for 5 minutes.
- 18Cut into wedges and serve warm.
- 19Makes 12 wedges.
Browse Our Top Scones Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Scones Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Onion and Walnut Pizza Style Scones
Serving Size: 1 (74 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 12
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 238.3
- Calories from Fat 137
- Total Fat 15.2 g
- Saturated Fat 4.6 g
- Cholesterol 16.3 mg
- Sodium 288.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 18.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.1 g
- Sugars 1.1 g
- Protein 7.3 g