Prep 10 mins
Cook 0 mins
This Afghan salad is fresh-tasting, sprinkled with cilantro and bits of serrano chili. Posted for ZWT 4.
- 2 large tomatoes, thinly sliced
- 1 medium onion, thinly sliced
- 1 serrano chili, seeded and finely chopped
- 1 garlic clove, finely chopped
- 29.58 ml lemon juice
- 2.46 ml salt
- 29.58 ml fresh cilantro
- Alternate slices of tomatoes and onions on serving plate. Mix remaining ingredients except cilantro; spoon over vegetables.
- Sprinkle with cilantro. Cover and refrigerated at least 1 hour.
This was very tasty but very HOT! I loved everything about it but next time I think I'll try jalapeno or less of the serrano. Thanks for sharing. Made for ZWT7-Africa.
This was very tasty and a nice use of garden tomatoes and a mild onion. I actually sliced everything, layered it into a plastic container with lid, added the dressing ingredients, and gently shook it, and then set it in to chill in the fridge. At serving time I arranged in layers over torn romaine. This has a nice bit of heat, a zing from the lemon, and I enjoy garlic & cilantro in all forms so this hit the spot. I served with baked chicken made with Nairobi Meat Rub, a simple baked potato, and South African Curried Eggs. Made for ZWT4.
This was so good;I used a sweet onion and with a ripe tomato everything came out great! I did add more garlic a bit of safflower oil to my lemon juice; great combination.I made this for WT4.