1 hr 12 mins
Southern Lady's Note:
This pie is simple to make despite the cooking time. If you like potatoes and onions you'll really enjoy this pie. Presentation is company quality. Looked and didn't see same recipe on Zaar. The weight of puff pastry sheet package is estimated.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Peel the potatoes and onions and slice them thinly.
- 2Sauté them in a pan with 3 tablespoons olive oil for about 15 minutes.
- 3Put the Puff Pastry Sheet in a 9" spring from pan, roll it out if necessary so that it cover the bottom and the sides of the pan.
- 4Beat the eggs in a bowl add the parmesan and the milk and combine well. Then add the potatoes and onions and salt along with a dusting of nutmeg.
- 5Mix well and put in the springform pan.
- 6Fold the excess puff pastry toward the middle of the pie.
- 7Bake for 45 minutes in a preheated oven at 390° degrees (temp. is what original recipe states).
- 8Let it cool off before serving.
Browse Our Top One-Dish Meal Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All One-Dish Meal Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Onion and Potato Pie (Torta Di Cipolle E Patate)
Serving Size: 1 (187 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 680.5
- Calories from Fat 401
- Total Fat 44.6 g
- Saturated Fat 12.5 g
- Cholesterol 88.0 mg
- Sodium 590.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 53.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.2 g
- Sugars 3.2 g
- Protein 16.7 g