Prep 12 mins
Cook 1 hr
This pie is simple to make despite the cooking time. If you like potatoes and onions you'll really enjoy this pie. Presentation is company quality. Looked and didn't see same recipe on Zaar. The weight of puff pastry sheet package is estimated.
- 1 (17 ounce) puff pastry (1 sheet)
- 14 ounces potatoes (about two medium)
- 9 ounces onions (about two small)
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 cup parmesan cheese, freshly ground
- 1⁄2 cup milk
- 2 eggs
- 1 dash nutmeg
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- Peel the potatoes and onions and slice them thinly.
- Sauté them in a pan with 3 tablespoons olive oil for about 15 minutes.
- Put the Puff Pastry Sheet in a 9" spring from pan, roll it out if necessary so that it cover the bottom and the sides of the pan.
- Beat the eggs in a bowl add the parmesan and the milk and combine well. Then add the potatoes and onions and salt along with a dusting of nutmeg.
- Mix well and put in the springform pan.
- Fold the excess puff pastry toward the middle of the pie.
- Bake for 45 minutes in a preheated oven at 390° degrees (temp. is what original recipe states).
- Let it cool off before serving.