1/1 Photo of Onion and Potato casserole
This is a tasty dish for onion, garlic and potatoe lovers. The nice thing about this dish is that it's as "skinny" conscious as you can get and still have flavor
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 4 medium russet potatoes, cut into 1/4 inch slices (about 4 cups)
- 2 tablespoons lite olive oil or 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 4 medium yellow onions, thinly sliced (about 5 cups)
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh thyme or 1 teaspoon dried thyme
- salt and pepper
- 1/2 cup skim milk
- paprika (to decorate)
- 1Preheat oven to 400 degreesF.
- 2Spray a 2 quart baking dish with oil.
- 3Cook the potatoes covered in cold water, bring to boil and simmer until just tender (approximately 10 minutes).
- 4Drain and set aside.
- 5While the potatoes are cooking, put 2 tbsp of oil in a skillet and over medium-low heat cook the onions and garlic until the onions begin to brown (Apprx 15 minutes).
- 6Spread a thin layer of potatoes in the baking dish, sprinkle with thyme, salt& pepper.
- 7Top with a layer of onions.
- 8Repeat layers twice ending with a layer of onions.
- 9Pour in Milk and sprinkle with Paprika.
- 10Bake until lightly browned (about 20 minutes).
- 11Serve immediately.
Browse Our Top Potato Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Potato Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Onion and Potato casserole
Serving Size: 1 (364 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 287.5
- Calories from Fat 64
- Total Fat 7.1 g
- Saturated Fat 1.0 g
- Cholesterol 0.6 mg
- Sodium 34.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 51.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 6.3 g
- Sugars 6.4 g
- Protein 6.7 g