Top Review by LilPinkieJ
Very good and easy to make. This would be even better using a Vidalia, so I can't wait to make this again this spring and summer. It was a lot of olive oil for something you are going to drain anyways. I used just 1 cup and it worked out fine. Made and Reviewed for Every Day Holiday tag - Thanks! :)
- 1 1⁄2 cups olive oil
- 4 medium onions, very thinly sliced
- 6 medium red bell peppers, peeled, seeded, corded, and very thinly sliced
- 5 garlic cloves, thinly sliced
- fresh ground white pepper
- kosher salt
Directions See How It's Made
- Warm the olive oil in a large sauté pan over high heat.
- Add the onions, bell peppers, and garlic.
- Sauté until they are soft and golden, about 10 minutes.
- Cover and reduce the heat to medium.
- Cook, stirring occasionally, until very soft, about 45 minutes.
- Drain and season with salt and pepper to taste.