Prep 15 mins
Cook 15 mins
Refreshing summer salad.
- 1 red onion
- 2 large oranges, peeled
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄8 teaspoon oregano
- 1⁄4 cup vegetable oil
- 1 tablespoon orange juice
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons black olives, sliced
- black pepper
- lettuce leaf
- Cut onion into 8 thin slices.
- Cut oranges into 6 slices each.
- Marinate for 15 minutes in mixture of salt, oregano, oil, orange juice, and lemon juice.
- Arrange in a row on crisp lettuce, alternating 3 orange slices and 2 onion slices per serving.
- Top with olives and spoon over remaining marinade.
- Add generous serving of fresh ground pepper.
Delicious salad which we served with fish sandwiches and jello. Great weendnight dinner. Thanks for sharing this keeper which we will be having often!