1/1 Photo of Onion and Mushroom Smothered Super Swiss Turkey Burgers
A Rachael Ray recipe I tried last night. Really good! Onion and mushroom sauce was to die for. Would be great with steaks too.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1 large onion, sliced
- fresh ground black pepper
- 1/2 lb button mushroom, trimmed, and thinly sliced
- 2 teaspoons all-purpose flour
- 1/4 cup dry white wine
- 3/4 cup chicken stock
- 1 1/4 lbs ground turkey breast
- 1/3 lb swiss cheese, cut in 1/4-inch cubes
- 2 teaspoons poultry seasoning
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 4 sandwich-size sourdough english muffins, split and toasted
- 1Preheat large skillet over medium-high heat with the 2 tablespoons olive oil.
- 2Add onions ans season with salt and pepper.
- 3Cover pan with foil and set a lid or plate on top to smother onions, for 5 minutes.
- 4Add mushrooms to the onions and smother them for another 5 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- 5Uncover pan and let juices cook off a little. Sprinkle with the flour.
- 6Cook for 1 minute; add wine and chicken broth and cook sauce until nice and thick, about 2 minutes.
- 7Combine ground turkey, cheese, salt and pepper, poultry seasoning, and cayenne pepper in a medium bowl.
- 8Score the meat with the side of your hand to separate it into 4 equal amounts.
- 9Form the mixture into 4 large patties no more than 1" thick.
- 10Drizzle the patties liberally with olive oil.
- 11Preheat a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat.
- 12Once the skillet is hot, add the patties and cook them for 5-6 minutes on each side, or until turkey is cooked through.
- 13Serve the burgers on the toasted English muffins, smothered with the onions and mushrooms.
Browse Our Top Poultry Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Poultry Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Onion and Mushroom Smothered Super Swiss Turkey Burgers
Serving Size: 1 (342 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 424.5
- Calories from Fat 171
- Total Fat 19.0 g
- Saturated Fat 8.1 g
- Cholesterol 124.0 mg
- Sodium 211.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 11.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.2 g
- Sugars 3.9 g
- Protein 48.5 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
sandwich-size sourdough english muffins