1/3 Photos of Onion and Herring Sandwich - Smorrebrod
Dreamer in Ontario's Note:
From http://friendsofdenmark.org. Posted for ZWT6. To make smorrebrod, cut crusts from slices of pumpernickel or rye bread, but not French bread, when using them for a base. Be careful to spread soft butter entirely over the piece of bread you use. This keeps moist ingredients from seeping through and making the bread soggy. Ingredients should be artfully arranged. Sandwith will be eaten with a knife and fork.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Spread 1 teaspoon butter on each slice of bread, being sure to cover each completely.
- 2Cut each buttered slice in half crosswise or into 2 (4-by-2-inch) pieces.
- 3Top each piece of bread with one-eighth of the herring, placing the fish smooth-side up.
- 4Top each with several onion rings and 1 tomato wedge.
- 5Garnish with watercress or parsley.
Browse Our Top Lunch/Snacks Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Onion and Herring Sandwich - Smorrebrod
Serving Size: 1 (641 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 109.9
- Calories from Fat 45
- Total Fat 5.0 g
- Saturated Fat 1.8 g
- Cholesterol 22.0 mg
- Sodium 150.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 9.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.4 g
- Sugars 1.0 g
- Protein 6.8 g