Top Review by Smilynn
5 stars! I prepared with ease last night and had for lunch today and it was just as good leftover. I served with rice and english peas. I followed the suggestion of adding water and flour for more gravy. I will make this again and again. It smells heavenly too.
- 4 center-cut pork chops, 1/2 inch thick (any cut will do)
- 1 large onion, peeled, sliced, and separated into rings
- 3 -4 garlic cloves, minced
- black pepper
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat the olive oil in pan on top of stove over medium heat until very hot.
- Sear pork chops on both sides; remove from pan.
- Reduce heat and sauté onion and garlic until soft.
- Return pork chops to pan, placing them on top of onions and garlic.
- Add a little water and cover pan tightly with lid.
- Let simmer over medium heat until pork chops are well done, adding a little water as necessary to keep from burning.
- Remove chops from pan and let the sauce cook until thickened.
- Spoon over chops to serve.
- Note: If you want more "gravy" add water and flour at the end to thicken.