- Heat the olive oil in pan on top of stove over medium heat until very hot.
- Sear pork chops on both sides; remove from pan.
- Reduce heat and sauté onion and garlic until soft.
- Return pork chops to pan, placing them on top of onions and garlic.
- Add a little water and cover pan tightly with lid.
- Let simmer over medium heat until pork chops are well done, adding a little water as necessary to keep from burning.
- Remove chops from pan and let the sauce cook until thickened.
- Spoon over chops to serve.
- Note: If you want more "gravy" add water and flour at the end to thicken.
5 stars! I prepared with ease last night and had for lunch today and it was just as good leftover. I served with rice and english peas. I followed the suggestion of adding water and flour for more gravy. I will make this again and again. It smells heavenly too.
I loved this recipe!! I did add one tablespoon of brown sugar to the onions (also added a few mushrooms). Instead of adding water, I used a little chicken broth. The porkchops were fork tender. I served this with garlic mashed potatoes and creamed corn. Delicious!! I will definitely make this again.
This was very good, and very easy! The chops were fork tender. I made the gravy which was tasty too. Next time I will be adding some salt. Thanks!