1/1 Photo of Onion and Fresh Herb Omelet With Mixed Greens
I love this recipe for a light supper or weekend bruch. From cookinglight.com.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1/2 cup egg substitute
- 1/4 cup nonfat milk
- 1 1/2 teaspoons minced fresh parsley
- 1/2 teaspoon minced fresh thyme
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
- 1 large egg
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour (about 1 ounce)
- cooking spray
- 2 cups vertically sliced onions
- 1 garlic clove, crushed
- 1To prepare omelet, combine the first 7 ingredients in a small bowl, stirring with a whisk.
- 2Lightly spoon flour into a dry measuring cup; level with a knife. Add flour to egg mixture; stir well.
- 3Heat a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Coat pan with cooking spray.
- 4Add onion to pan; sauté 7 minutes or until browned.
- 5Add garlic; sauté 1 minute.
- 6Pour egg mixture over onion mixture in pan. Reduce heat, and cook 3 minutes or until set.
- 7Loosen omelet with a spatula, and fold in half; cook 1 minute.
- 8Cut omelet in half; place one half on each of 2 plates.
- 9To prepare salad, combine salad greens, vinegar, and oil; toss well. Arrange 1 1/2 cups greens on top of each serving; top each serving with 1 tablespoon cheese and 3/4 teaspoon almonds.
Browse Our Top Breakfast Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Breakfast Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Onion and Fresh Herb Omelet With Mixed Greens
Serving Size: 1 (302 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 2
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 255.6
- Calories from Fat 71
- Total Fat 7.9 g
- Saturated Fat 1.6 g
- Cholesterol 106.9 mg
- Sodium 458.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 31.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.9 g
- Sugars 9.1 g
- Protein 15.2 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
gourmet salad greens