I love this recipe for a light supper or weekend bruch. From cookinglight.com.
Make and share this Onion and Fresh Herb Omelet With Mixed Greens recipe from Food.com.
- 1⁄2 cup egg substitute
- 1⁄4 cup nonfat milk
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons minced fresh parsley
- 1⁄2 teaspoon minced fresh thyme
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄8 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
- 1 large egg
- 1⁄4 cup all-purpose flour (about 1 ounce)
- cooking spray
- 2 cups vertically sliced onions
- 1 garlic clove, crushed
- 3 cups loosely packed gourmet salad greens
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons red wine vinegar
- 1 teaspoon extra virgin olive oil
- 2 tablespoons crumbled goat cheese
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons sliced almonds, toasted
- To prepare omelet, combine the first 7 ingredients in a small bowl, stirring with a whisk.
- Lightly spoon flour into a dry measuring cup; level with a knife. Add flour to egg mixture; stir well.
- Heat a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Coat pan with cooking spray.
- Add onion to pan; sauté 7 minutes or until browned.
- Add garlic; sauté 1 minute.
- Pour egg mixture over onion mixture in pan. Reduce heat, and cook 3 minutes or until set.
- Loosen omelet with a spatula, and fold in half; cook 1 minute.
- Cut omelet in half; place one half on each of 2 plates.
- To prepare salad, combine salad greens, vinegar, and oil; toss well. Arrange 1 1/2 cups greens on top of each serving; top each serving with 1 tablespoon cheese and 3/4 teaspoon almonds.