1/1 Photo of Onion and Chive Biscuits and Gravy
M A Lewis's Note:
A wonderful tasting biscuit and gravy for breakfast
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Biscuit Steps:.
- 2Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- 3In large mixing bowl put 4 cups flour, baking powder, salt, onion, garlic and chives, mix 1 cup softened butter well for 3-4 minutes with dough hook scrapping sides.
- 4Turn off mixer and put in milk. Turn on low and blend for about 1-2 minutes. Mixture will be like thick glue and chunky. Milk should be mixed well with no dry ingredients unmixed. You may have to fold it a little more to get the bottom and sides mixed in as well.
- 5Place 1/2 cup scoops on baking sheet and bake for 7-8 minutes until golden brown.
- 7Gravy Steps:.
- 8In large skillet put in 2 tbsp bacon grease and turn on medium high.
- 9Brown the ground hamburger.
- 10Sprinkle flour over all the meat evenly and stir to combine.
- 11Add 2 cups of milk and mix well.
- 12Cook for about 5-7 minutes stirring occassionall and reduce heat to simmer for another 5-7 minutes stirring occassionally until gravy thickens.
- 13Remove from heat and pour into gravy bowl and serve hot.
Browse Our Top Breakfast Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Breakfast Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Onion and Chive Biscuits and Gravy
Serving Size: 1 (124 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 18
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 263.3
- Calories from Fat 133
- Total Fat 14.8 g
- Saturated Fat 8.6 g
- Cholesterol 40.3 mg
- Sodium 434.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 26.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.8 g
- Sugars 0.3 g
- Protein 6.2 g