Prep 30 mins
Cook 30 mins
A wonderful tasting biscuit and gravy for breakfast
- 4 cups flour
- 1 cup softened butter
- 2 cups milk
- 3 tablespoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons onion flakes
- 2 teaspoons garlic powder
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped chives
- 2 tablespoons bacon grease
- 1⁄4 lb ground beef
- 1⁄4 cup flour
- 2 cups milk
- Biscuit Steps:.
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- In large mixing bowl put 4 cups flour, baking powder, salt, onion, garlic and chives, mix 1 cup softened butter well for 3-4 minutes with dough hook scrapping sides.
- Turn off mixer and put in milk. Turn on low and blend for about 1-2 minutes. Mixture will be like thick glue and chunky. Milk should be mixed well with no dry ingredients unmixed. You may have to fold it a little more to get the bottom and sides mixed in as well.
- Place 1/2 cup scoops on baking sheet and bake for 7-8 minutes until golden brown.
- Gravy Steps:.
- In large skillet put in 2 tbsp bacon grease and turn on medium high.
- Brown the ground hamburger.
- Sprinkle flour over all the meat evenly and stir to combine.
- Add 2 cups of milk and mix well.
- Cook for about 5-7 minutes stirring occassionall and reduce heat to simmer for another 5-7 minutes stirring occassionally until gravy thickens.
- Remove from heat and pour into gravy bowl and serve hot.