1/1 Photo of Onion and Buttermilk Quick Bread
Have fresh bread in under an hour. This is great buttered, still warm and served with home-made soup. Eat on day of making as these go stale quickly. My instructions are for 4 small loaves (1-2 people). You could easily make 6 or 8 smaller rolls. Australian measurements used.
My Private Note
small l ...
Units: US | Metric
- 1Preheat oven to 180 deg C, 350 deg F, Gas mark 4.
- 2Sift flour into a large mixing bowl then stir in soup mix and chives.
- 3Use a flat-bladed knife, and a cutting action, to mix in the buttermilk. This should form a soft dough. Use the extra buttermilk to achieve this consistency, if too dry.
- 4Lightly flour your work surface. Turn out dough and quickly knead into a smooth ball. Divide into 4 even pieces. Shape each piece into a ball.
- 5Place balls onto a floured baking tray. Allow room for each to rise. Sift a little flour over the top and make a slash, with a sharp knife, across each loaf.
- 6Bake for 25-30 minutes, or until golden and cooked through.
Browse Our Top Quick Breads Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Onion and Buttermilk Quick Bread
Serving Size: 1 (954 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 497.9
- Calories from Fat 23
- Total Fat 2.5 g
- Saturated Fat 0.8 g
- Cholesterol 4.8 mg
- Sodium 821.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 100.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.7 g
- Sugars 7.3 g
- Protein 16.4 g