Recipe by spiritussancto
very simple and so addictive! came up with this for a tea party and it's worth the indulgence of cheese wrapped in puff pastry!
- 2 sheets puff pastry (mine are about 9-inch square)
- 1 cup brie cheese, cut in 1/4-inch slices
- 1 small white onion, chopped fine
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
Directions See How It's Made
- saute onion and garlic in a little olive oil until soft and fragrant. season with salt and pepper, set aside to cool.
- lay brie slices along middle third of each pastry sheet, they wont cover all the space, you may want to cut slices in half to better distribute.
- divide onion mix between pastry sheets, only on top of the cheese.
- fold sides of pastry one over the other so you have a big tube, squeeze to seal. with a serrated knife, slice into 3/4" pieces.
- line baking sheet with the parchment paper the pastry came in and bake at 375f for about 15-25 min, until puffed and golden, serve warm if possible but still great cold. any leftovers (ya right) should be reheated in the oven, not the microwave to prevent them getting soggy
- other variations: brie and mango chutney, brie and fresh mixed herbs, brie and sautéed mushrooms, brie and pear slices -- .