Prep 15 mins
Cook 1 hr
A good basic little supper dish.
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons yeast
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons salt
- 3 cups unbleached flour
- 1 tablespoon shortening
- 1 cup water, 120 to 130 Degrees F
- 6 slices bacon, cut Up
- 2 medium onions, sliced
- 1⁄4 teaspoon cumin
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 pinch pepper
- 1 egg yolk
- 1 cup sour cream
- Mix yeast, sugar, 1 t salt, and 1/2 cup flour.
- Blend in shortening and warm water.
- Beat for 2 minutes.
- Add enough flour to make a soft dough.
- Knead dough until smooth and elastic, about 5 minutes.
- Place dough in a lightly greased bowl.
- Cover and let dough rise in a warm place 1/2 hour.
- Pat dough into a lightly greased 12-inch pizza pan or onto a lightly greased baking sheet.
- Press up edges to make a slight rim.
- Fry bacon until crisp.
- Remove from grease and drain on absorbent paper.
- Add onions to bacon grease; cook slowly until tender but not brown.
- Sprinkle onion, bacon, cumin, 1/2 t salt and pepper over dough.
- Bake at 400 Degrees F.
- for 20 minutes.
- Blend egg yolk and sour cream.
- Pour over onions.
- Bake for 10 to 15 minutes longer or until golden brown and sour cream is set.
- Serve warm or at room temperature.