1/1 Photo of Onigiri (Japanese Rice Balls)
Moishe Lettvin (1)'s Note:
Like Nori rolls but triangular.
My Private Note
rice ba ...
Units: US | Metric
- 1Cook the rice.
- 2Keep it warm, but let it cool enough so that it won't burn your hands.
- 3Cut each nori sheet into 9 strips.
- 4Wet your hands and sprinkle them with salt to prevent the rice from sticking to them.
- 5Mold a handful of rice into a triangular shape with an indentation in the middle.
- 6Press a piece of umeboshi into the indentation you left.
- 7Wrap the rice and umeboshi in Nori strips.
- 8Serve immediately or save for later.
Browse Our Top Short-Grain Rice Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Short-Grain Rice Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Onigiri (Japanese Rice Balls)
Serving Size: 1 (56 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 203.1
- Calories from Fat 2
- Total Fat 0.3 g
- Saturated Fat 0.0 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 0.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 44.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.5 g
- Sugars 0.0 g
- Protein 3.6 g
The following items or measurements are not included: