Prep 30 mins
Cook 1 hr
Potato skins loaded with cheed and just the right spice!
- 6 large idaho potatoes
- cheddar cheese (or i like to use a bag of a mixed cheeses)
- bacon, the more you like the more you use
- 1⁄2 teaspoon paprika
- 1⁄2 teaspoon garlic powder
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- wash and dry potatoes rub with oil,place in oven and cook for about an hour(poke a few holes in each potato with fork).
- while potatoes are cooking cook bacon until nice and crisp(golden brown).
- drain bacon fat on paper towels.
- crumble up cooled bacon (not to much!) set to side.
- mix cheese with paprika and garlic powder ,set to side.
- Take potatoes out and let cool cut in half lenght wise.
- scoop out most of pulp ,leaving a little bit.
- rub inside with oil ,place back in the oven until skin is crisp aboout 10-min.
- take potatoes back out and pack each one with cheese and place bacon on top.
- put back in oven until cheese is melted with nice color on top.
- take out and enjoy !What a crowd pleaser!
- serve with sour cream and if you like some chives YUM.