Prep 10 mins
Cook 1 hr 10 mins
easy all in one bowl pound cake. Use any yogurt flavour you desire.
- 2 1⁄4 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 cups granulated sugar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon grated fresh lemon rind (optional)
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 cup soft room temp butter
- 1 cup sour cream (or pineapple yogurt)
- 3 whole eggs
- Place all in a large mixer bowl Blend on low speed Beat at med.
- speed for 4 minutes Pour into a greased and floured bundt or tube pan Bake 325 degrees F.
- for 60- 70 minutes.
- Until golden and cake springs back when tested.
- Cool upright in the pan for 20 minutes.
- Remove from pan, cool completely.
- Glaze when cool.
- Glaze: 1 cup powdered icing sugar with 2 tbsp.
- lemon juice.
Excellent! I've depended on this recipe for years! It's almost foolproof. Good texture, good flavor....Janet
This is a very good pound cake. I used 1 teaspoon of lemond extract instead of the grated lemon rind. Also my batter was too think for my hand mixer, so I added about 1/4 cup of milk. Came out moist and flavorful, and not too sweet.
Great recipe and so easy! My husband ate 2 huge pieces and thought it was delicious. However, I did wonder if it was a bit too sweet for modern, more health-oriented, tastes. 2 cups seems a LOT of sugar in proportion to the amount of flour! Maybe I will try cutting it down and substituting some honey next time.