Prep 10 mins
Cook 1 hr
My Bubby Z's basic recipe for noodle kugel. She made this for all of the Jewish and family celebrations we used to have.
- 1⁄2 cup margarine or 1⁄2 cup butter
- 1 (8 ounce) package medium egg noodles
- 3 eggs
- 2 cups milk
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 8 ounces small curd cottage cheese
- 1 (6 ounce) can crushed pineapple in juice
- corn flake crumbs
- Generously grease a 9 X 13 or 10 X 11 sized baking pan.
- Melt butter and into butter in large bowl mix all ingredients, making sure to beat eggs before adding them into mixture.
- Put mixture into greased baking dish and sprinkle top w/ about a handful or so of crushed cornflakes.
- Bake for appoximately 60 minutes at 350 degrees or until brown.
- Served best warm, but can be also enjoyed fresh from fridge!
Loved this noodle kugel - it was really delicious! This was my first time to make one, but it won't be my last. Thanks for the post! Made for Spring PAC, April, 2012.