Prep 5 mins
Cook 25 mins
This is for all of you who love rice pudding that is rich, creamy, 'caramelised' AND relatively non-fattening ! Easiest ever recipe I saw on a TV show long ago and modified.
- Mix all ingredients in a pressure cooker.
- Close without weight.
- Place on high heat till it begins to steam, then put the weight on.Wait till steaming well.
- Cook for 25 minutes on the lowest heat setting (just enough to keep it steaming).
- Wait till relatively cooler before opening.
- You may like to add some more milk later as it thickens.
- Good hot or cold !
- Tip : Flavouring which is whole eg. cardamom or nutmeg can be added at the start. Liquid or powdered flavour eg. vanilla essence is to be added last to prevent loss of flavour in the steam.
too much sugar! I used long grain white basmati rice for a more authentic Indian rice pudding. I kept my pressure cooker on medium to medium low heat for 12 minutes and let the pressure release by itself.
Too watery, too sweet.