Prep 10 mins
Cook 25 mins
Easy, microwaveable chili recipe.
Make and share this One Step Chili recipe from Food.com.
- 1 lb lean ground beef
- 1⁄4 cup chopped green pepper
- 1 3⁄4 cups pinto beans, and liquid
- 1 crushed garlic clove
- 2 tablespoons chili powder
- 1 (14 1/2 ounce) cancut up peeled whole tomatoes with juice
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cumin
- 1 (6 ounce) can tomato paste
- 1⁄4 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 1⁄2 cup chopped onion
- Microwave method: Combine all ingredients in microwave-safe 2 quart casserole. Cover, microwave on high 5 minutes. Stir to break up meat. Microwave additional 20 minutes, stirring every 10 minutes. Note: If beef is less lean. Microwave first and drain off excess fat.
- Stovetop method: Brown beef with green peppers, onions, and spices. Drain excess fat. Add beans, tomatoes, and tomato paste and simmer until peppers and onions are tender, or longer. Use water or (salt free) beef broth if additional liquid is needed.
- Vegetarian variation: Swap 1 lb. frozen vegetable mix (such as California blend) for the ground beef. Sauté peppers and onion in 1 tablespoons vegetable oil along with the spices. When onions are clear, add vegetables along with tomatoes and tomato paste. Use vegetable broth or water if additional liquid is needed.
This is killer easy. I used the whole can of pinto beans and tomatoes and added kidney beans and switched the beef out for spicey italian sausage. I love how I can change it out and it cooks so fast.
I love how easy this recipe was and it had surprisingly good flavor. I made it a few hours ahead and let it simmer. I also added and ounce of chili flavored dark chocolate for some depth. I didn't need to add any liquid. Probably because I only had a half lb of meat.
Thank you JMin for a great and easy meal! I used ground round, a couple cloves of garlic, and omitted the salt. This was a bit thick so I added some vegetable broth and it worked perfectly. Nice for a rainy and cold October day!