Prep 5 mins
Cook 1 hr
I found this recipe on Walmart.com...they said it was under $1 per serving if using all Great Value Brand products! This is a one-dish meal that is quick and easy to put together, cooks in about an hour, and is homemade!
- 5 cups skim milk
- 1 egg
- 3 tablespoons sugar (optional)
- 1 tablespoon butter, melted
- 1 (16 ounce) package whole wheat elbow macaroni
- salt and pepper
- 2 cups reduced-fat cheddar cheese, shredded
- Preheat oven 350°F.
- In bowl, whisk together milk, egg, and sugar (optional).
- In 2-quart oblong baking dish, combine remaining ingredients, reserving some cheese for later, if desired.
- Carefully pour milk mixture over macaroni and stir well.
- Bake, covered, 60–65 minutes or until all liquid is almost absorbed.
- Uncover, add remaining cheese, and continue baking about 5 minutes more or until cheese melts.