Recipe by Xandi
I made this one night in about 20 minutes, from stuff I already had handy. It was a great way to get rid of leftover rice! And the best thing about recipes like this is you can tweak it to your own satisfaction. Enjoy!
Top Review by ElaineAnn
This is a keeper!Quick, easy, and delicious. Made with ground beef and Express rice (the bag that microwaves in 90 seconds).I used 1/2 teaspoon each cumun and chili powder, just right for my taste. Made for Alphabet Soup Game. Thanks for posting Xandi!
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1 lb ground turkey or 1 lb ground beef
- 1 (10 3/4 ounce) can condensed tomato soup
- 3 cups cooked rice
- 1 cup medium salsa (adjust to taste)
- 1 cup whole kernel corn (I use canned, but fresh or frozen works too)
- 1 (15 1/4 ounce) can kidney beans
- 1 pinch ground cumin
- chili powder