Prep 10 mins
Cook 20 mins
I made this one night in about 20 minutes, from stuff I already had handy. It was a great way to get rid of leftover rice! And the best thing about recipes like this is you can tweak it to your own satisfaction. Enjoy!
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1 lb ground turkey or 1 lb ground beef
- 1 (10 3/4 ounce) can condensed tomato soup
- 3 cups cooked rice
- 1 cup medium salsa (adjust to taste)
- 1 cup whole kernel corn (I use canned, but fresh or frozen works too)
- 1 (15 1/4 ounce) can kidney beans
- 1 pinch ground cumin
- chili powder
- Melt butter in a large skillet over medium-low heat.
- Cook onion in butter until tender, 5-7 minutes.
- Add turkey and brown well.
- Mix in soup concentrate, rice, salsa, corn, beans, cumin and chili powder, cover and heat through.
- Serve hot.
This is a keeper!Quick, easy, and delicious. Made with ground beef and Express rice (the bag that microwaves in 90 seconds).I used 1/2 teaspoon each cumun and chili powder, just right for my taste. Made for Alphabet Soup Game. Thanks for posting Xandi!