Recipe by Bobby Joe (Zhou) Moon
I saw this demoed on PBS' America's Home Cooking by a lady who has been preparing this very simple and easy Italian dish for years.
Top Review by cheereeo70_9330301
I saw this show too and was so grateful to see that you posted it here. I didn't think she used an entire can of anchovies when she made it on TV. I used about six when I made it. This is such a great recipe. Yummo. The texture of the spaghetti is awesome. I added some parboiled broccoli at the end to make it an all-in-one dinner. SO GOOD. Thanks!
- 1 lb spaghetti
- 1 (3 1/3 ounce) jar anchovies packed in oil (95 grams or 3.3 oz.)
- 4 minced garlic cloves
- 1⁄4 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 (14 ounce) cans chicken broth
- 2 (6 1/2 ounce) cans minced clams (reserve the liquid)
- 1⁄2 cup white wine
- 3 tablespoons fresh parsley leaves or 3 tablespoons dry parsley flakes
Directions See How It's Made
- Use a deep 12" saute pan or Dutch oven to prepare this one skillet dish since the anchovies tend to splatter.
- Heat the saute pan to medium high; add the 2 tablspoons of olive oil and all of the contents in the jar of anchovies. Stir the anchovies till they start to break up; add the minced garlic and cook a bit to bring out the flavors.
- Add the red pepper flakes and reserved clam juice and two cans of chicken broth and bring up to a slow boil.
- Pour in the white wine and add the whole pound of spaghetti and cook till almost done. The spaghetti will absorb most of the liquid.
- When almost done to your desired tenderness add the clams and parsley. If the spaghetti has absorbed too much liquid just add more water. There is no need to add any more salt.