Prep 15 mins
Cook 30 mins
Adapted from Taste of Home. I love the fact that everything cooks in one skillet - even the spaghetti - saving me time in the clean-up! Oh - and it tastes good, too! I use Italian seasoning instead of the 1 tsp. oregano. **Please Note - If you add more water than the recipe calls for, you'll end up with soggy noodles!
- 1 lb ground beef
- 2 medium onions, chopped
- 1 (7 ounce) package spaghetti
- 1 (28 ounce) can tomatoes, diced & undrained
- 3⁄4 cup green pepper, chopped
- 1⁄2 cup water
- 1 (8 ounce) can sliced mushrooms, drained
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano or 1 teaspoon italian seasoning
- 1 -2 garlic clove, pressed
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup cheddar cheese, shredded
- In a large skillet, cook beef and onions over medium heat until meat is no longer pink; drain.
- Stir in uncooked spaghetti and the next eight ingredients; bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 30 minutes or until the spaghetti is tender.
- Sprinkle with cheese; cover and heat until melted.
- Yield: 4-6 servings.
This was OK for us. I followed the recipe as written other then I cut back on the salt a bit. I also added another 1/2 cup of water because it didn't seem like enough of liquid. For us the oregano was overwhelming. That is all that we could taste. Also my spaghetti was soggy (not sure what I did wrong that made it soggy). This is a great idea but for us I would really cut back on the oregano.