Prep 15 mins
Cook 35 mins
Like a chili
- 1⁄2 lb hamburger
- 1 onion, chopped (about 1/2 cup)
- 2 cups whole tomatoes, undrained
- 1⁄4 cup green pepper, chopped
- 1⁄4 cup water
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon sugar
- 3 1⁄2 ounces thin spaghetti, uncooked
- 1⁄2 cup cheddar cheese, shredded
- 1⁄2 teaspoon chili powder
- Cook and stir hamburger with onion in a 10" skillet or Dutch oven until hamburger is light brown; drain off excess grease.
- Stir in tomatoes, with liquid, green pepper, water, salt, sugar, chili powder and spaghetti, breaking up tomatoes with fork.
- Heat to boiling; reduce heat.
- Cover and simmer, stirring occasionally until spaghetti is tender, about 30 minutes. (Add a little water durding cooking if necessary.).
- Sprinkle with cheese; cover and heat until cheese melts.