Prep 10 mins
Cook 20 mins
My mother used to make this for us at least twice a week. I'm not sure where she got it but it's delicious and quick. You can substitute corn or carrots for the hominy but it's just not as good without the hominy.
- 1 (15 ounce) can French style green beans, drained
- 1 (15 ounce) can white hominy, drained (reserve liquid)
- 1 (1 lb) packagepolska kielbasa, cut into 2 inch pieces
- 1 tablespoon prepared yellow mustard
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1⁄4 teaspoon black pepper
- In a large skillet fry the cut sausage.
- Push sausage to outer edge of pan and put in the french cut green beans.
- Make a well in the center of the green beans and add hominy.
- Mix the mustard, sugar and black pepper with the liquid from the hominy and pour over entire mixture.
- Cook on medium to medium high heat until liquid is reduced (about 15 minutes).