Recipe by Little Everyday Things
This is my family's go-to meal when we want something quick and delicious. The best part of all is there is only one pan to clean. We use La Victoria Hot Salsa, but any salsa works great. You can eat this dish alone or put it in tortillas for burritos.
Top Review by sbera007
This was soooo easy and so good. I threw it all in the crock pot on high and it was all done in about one hour. I did have to add a little extra liquid though. I also used a 28 oz. can of beans because that is what I had on hand. We served it just in a bowl and at it with tortilla chips. I will definably make this again. Reviewed for My-3-Chefs 2009.
- 1 lb chicken breast tenders
- 1 (1 1/4 ounce) packet taco seasoning mix, Lawry's
- 1 cup salsa
- 2 cups water
- 2 cups Minute brown rice
- 1 (14 1/2 ounce) can black beans, rinsed
- 1⁄3 cup sour cream
- 1⁄3 cup cheddar cheese, shredded
- tortilla (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- In a deep skillet combine chicken tenders, taco seasoning packet, salsa and water and bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat, cover and simmer for 10 minutes.
- Remove lid and stir in rice and beans and bring back to a boil.
- Then reduce heat and cook on low for 5 minutes or until rice is tender.
- Top with sour cream and cheddar cheese.
- To use as burrito filling reduce water by 1/2 cup.