One of the best skillet lasagna recipes. Added on 10/16/2013. I made this in my large frypan and forgot I needed a lid. We wound up cooking this in the oven with aluminum foil and it turned out great. We cooked it about 45 minutes at 350 degrees F.
- 3⁄4 lb ground beef
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 (14 1/2 ounce) can tomatoes, diced with basil, oregano and garlic, undrained
- 1 (28 ounce) jar spaghetti sauce
- 2⁄3 cup condensed cream of onion soup, undiluted
- 2 eggs, lightly beaten
- 1 1⁄4 cups 1% cottage cheese
- 3⁄4 teaspoon italian seasoning
- 9 no-cook lasagna noodles
- 1⁄2 cup colby-monterey jack cheese, shredded
- 1⁄2 cup part-skim mozzarella cheese, shredded
- In a large skillet, cook beef and garlic over medium heat until meat is no longer pink; drain. Stir in tomatoes and spaghetti sauce; heat through. Transfer to a large bowl.
- In a small bowl, combine the soup, eggs, cottage cheese and Italian seasoning.
- Return 1 cup meat sauce to the skillet; spread evenly. Layer with 1 cup cottage cheese mixture, 1-1/2 cups meat sauce and half of the noodles, breaking to fit. Repeat layers of cottage cheese mixture, meat sauce and noodles. Top with remaining meat sauce. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 15-17 minutes or until noodles are tender.
- Remove from the heat. Sprinkle with shredded cheeses; cover and let stand for 2 minutes or until melted. Yield: 6 servings.