One of the best skillet lasagna recipes. Added on 10/16/2013. I made this in my large frypan and forgot I needed a lid. We wound up cooking this in the oven with aluminum foil and it turned out great. We cooked it about 45 minutes at 350 degrees F.
- 3⁄4 lb ground beef
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 (14 1/2 ounce) can tomatoes, diced with basil, oregano and garlic, undrained
- 1 (28 ounce) jar spaghetti sauce
- 2⁄3 cup condensed cream of onion soup, undiluted
- 2 eggs, lightly beaten
- 1 1⁄4 cups 1% cottage cheese
- 3⁄4 teaspoon italian seasoning
- 9 no-cook lasagna noodles
- 1⁄2 cup colby-monterey jack cheese, shredded
- 1⁄2 cup part-skim mozzarella cheese, shredded
- In a large skillet, cook beef and garlic over medium heat until meat is no longer pink; drain. Stir in tomatoes and spaghetti sauce; heat through. Transfer to a large bowl.
- In a small bowl, combine the soup, eggs, cottage cheese and Italian seasoning.
- Return 1 cup meat sauce to the skillet; spread evenly. Layer with 1 cup cottage cheese mixture, 1-1/2 cups meat sauce and half of the noodles, breaking to fit. Repeat layers of cottage cheese mixture, meat sauce and noodles. Top with remaining meat sauce. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 15-17 minutes or until noodles are tender.
- Remove from the heat. Sprinkle with shredded cheeses; cover and let stand for 2 minutes or until melted. Yield: 6 servings.
No need to call the Police! DH LOVED this, and gave up all appeal rights on his 3rd serving! For a man who wars against ricotta cheese and cottage cheese, I thought I might never find a lasagna to His liking. I think the eggs made the difference. This was so EASY, I prayed that He might like it. It helped to not heat the oven in 98F weather. Can you believe I had to mix up all the ingredients before DH entered the kitchen. I reminded him that I can't accept his declarations as final until he has sampled the product. When we have his eldest son as a guest, this will definitely be on the menu. Made for Please Review My Recipe tag game.
We really loved this! So easy to put together. We used mild Italian sausage in place of the ground beef. We also used condensed French onion soup in place of the condensed cream of onion soup because our grocery stores don't carry it. Great comfort food! Thanks, Lavender Lynn! Made for Aussie Kiwi Recipe Swap #82.