Recipe by Margie99
Simple, fast and only dirties one dish. Perfect for lunch or a quick dinner. I love these kind of dishes during the hot sumer when I don't want to spend a lot of time cooking in a hot kitchen. You could also add green peppers along with onions.
- 10 lasagna noodles, strips broken into 1 inch pieces
- 1 lb ground beef
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1 cup water
- 1 (24 ounce) jar pasta sauce
- 1 cup cottage cheese or 1 cup ricotta cheese
- 1 cup shredded Italian cheese blend
Directions See How It's Made
- Cook ground beef and onion in a large skillet over medium high heat, stirring frequently, until no longer pink. Drain if necessary.
- Add water, pasta sauce and uncooked lasagna noodles. Cover and bring to a simmer. Simmer over medium low heat until water is gone, about 15-20 minutes, stirring a few times.
- Drop spoonfuls of cottage cheese over the pasta mixture and then sprinkle with shredded cheese. Remove from heat, cover and allow to stand for a few minutes until cheese is melted.