Prep 30 mins
Cook 25 mins
In ‘Come Home to Supper’ by Christy Jordan
Make and share this One Skillet Chili Bake recipe from Food.com.
- Heat a large skillet over medium heat.
- Place beef in the skillet and cook, stirring to break it up, until it is no longer pink, 8-10 minutes.
- Drain off and discard any grease.
- Add the kidney beans, Ro-Tel tomatoes, rice, chili powder, and 1 cup of water and stir well to combine.
- Continue cooking, uncovered, over medium heat just until mixture begins to bubble, then decrease heat to low and simmer, covered, until the rice is tender, 20 minutes.
- Uncover skillet, top the beef mixture with the cheese, and cook until the cheese melts, 3-5 minutes.
- Scoop out onto plates and eat with the tortilla chips.