Recipe by saucysteph
This is delicious! A bit on the spicy side, but very tolerable. This is a VERY easy dish to make, and only dirties one skillet...hardly any clean up! I
Top Review by seal angel
This was okay. Interesting to steam rice with enchilida sauce. I used green sauce. Instead of cilantro, I used green onions and topped with sirracha. Made with some grilled zucchini. My husband said, " I don't know where you came up with theis but it's good!"
- 44.37 ml butter
- 453.59 g boneless skinless chicken breast, cut into 1-2-inch pieces
- 1 medium yellow onion
- 2 garlic cloves, chopped
- 354.88 ml white rice
- 236.59 ml mild enchilada sauce
- 473.18 ml chicken stock
- 14.79 ml cumin
- 2.46 ml salt
- 0.25 ml red pepper flakes (more if you like hotter foods)
- 354.88 ml cheddar cheese
- sour cream (optional)
- chopped cilantro (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- Melt butter in a large skillet over medium heat.
- Add onions, garlic and chicken. Stir occasionally. Cook for 4-5 minutes until chicken cooked almost all the way through.
- Add rice and toast for 3-4 minutes.
- Add chicken stock, enchilada sauce, cumin, red pepper flakes and salt.
- Bring to boil, reduce heat to low and cover with a tight fitting lid.
- Cook, covered, 20 minutes or until liquid is absorbed. Turn off heat.
- Spread cheese over the top, replace cover and let sit for 5 minutes.
- Top with sour cream and chopped cilantro when serving.