1/4 Photos of One Skillet Cheesy Chicken and Rice
This is delicious! A bit on the spicy side, but very tolerable. This is a VERY easy dish to make, and only dirties one skillet...hardly any clean up! I
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 1 lb boneless skinless chicken breast, cut into 1-2-inch pieces
- 1/2 medium yellow onion
- 2 garlic cloves, chopped
- 1 1/2 cups white rice
- 1 cup mild enchilada sauce
- 2 cups chicken stock
- 1 tablespoon cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 pinch red pepper flakes (more if you like hotter foods)
- 1 1/2 cups cheddar cheese
- sour cream (optional)
- chopped cilantro (optional)
- 1Melt butter in a large skillet over medium heat.
- 2Add onions, garlic and chicken. Stir occasionally. Cook for 4-5 minutes until chicken cooked almost all the way through.
- 3Add rice and toast for 3-4 minutes.
- 4Add chicken stock, enchilada sauce, cumin, red pepper flakes and salt.
- 5Bring to boil, reduce heat to low and cover with a tight fitting lid.
- 6Cook, covered, 20 minutes or until liquid is absorbed. Turn off heat.
- 7Spread cheese over the top, replace cover and let sit for 5 minutes.
- 8Top with sour cream and chopped cilantro when serving.
Browse Our Top One-Dish Meal Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All One-Dish Meal Recipes
Nutritional Facts for One Skillet Cheesy Chicken and Rice
Serving Size: 1 (347 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 714.1
- Calories from Fat 250
- Total Fat 27.8 g
- Saturated Fat 15.5 g
- Cholesterol 143.6 mg
- Sodium 1461.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 68.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.4 g
- Sugars 6.7 g
- Protein 44.0 g