Prep 15 mins
Cook 30 mins
As a child we looked forward to getting up early and eating our good ol' campfire breakfast. You can cook it over a stove but there is nothing like the taste of it over a campfire.This works best in a large iron skillet!
- 4 large potatoes, cubed
- 1 lb sausage
- 1 onion, diced
- 1 dozen egg
- 2 cups cheese (cubed or grated)
- salt & pepper (to taste)
- 1⁄2 cup oil
- Fry potatoes in the oil til soft, add onion.
- Move to side of pan where the heat is lower.
- Scramble and fry sausage.
- Mix together potatoes and sausage.
- Crack eggs over the mixture, careful not to get any shell in the mix).
- Scramble til eggs are done.
- Cover with cheese and take off fire.
- Served best with tortillas.
- Cooking time depends on how hot the fire is.
This turned out great! I LOVE one pan meals...I did add some green peppers. Next time I will try and chop everything before the camping trip, just to make things even simpler.
OMG!! Mom made this all the time when I was growing up!! It's so good! We would put ketchup on it. My dad named it "mafungo" because we didn't have a name for it. I make it sometimes for the kids. Thanks for the yummy memory!! :)