1/1 Photo of One Pound Pizza Dough Abm (Or 1 1/2 Pounds)
This is based on a recipe from BH&G's Bread Machine Bounty. It's delicious and simple and makes a one pound (or 1 1/2 pounds in parens) pizza dough. Cook time does not include bread machine dough cycle. You may optionally freeze the dough, or half the dough, for later use. To freeze: wrap in plastic wrap and transfer to a freezer bag; seal, label, and freeze for up to 3 months; to thaw, let dough stand at room temperature about 2 1/2 hours or till thawed; you may also thaw overnight in the refrigerator. UPDATE: after reading the first reviewer's comments about the cooking method, I have to confess that while I use this recipe for the dough itself, I've never followed these cooking instructions, nor have I tried to freeze the dough; I've included those instructions because they came with the recipe and I wanted to be thorough in adding this recipe to Zaar. I'm intrigued enough to want to try both cooking methods and freezing the dough and will report back! :)
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Add the first 5 ingredients to bread machine in the order recommended by its manufacturer. Select dough setting.
- 2When cycle is complete, remove dough from machine; if making the 1 1/2 pounder, divide it in half.
- 3TO MAKE A THIN PIZZA:.
- 4Grease a 12-inch pan or large baking sheet. Optionally sprinkle with cornmeal.
- 5On a lightly floured surface, roll the dough (for a 1 pounder) or each dough half (for the 1 1/2 pounder) into a 13-inch circle. Transfer to pan or baking sheet. Do not let dough rise.
- 6Bake in a 425°F oven about 12 minutes or till browned.
- 7Top with pizza sauce and toppings of your choice.
- 8Bake 10 to 15 minutes more or till bubbly.
- 9TO MAKE A PAN PIZZA:.
- 10Grease a 9x9x2-inch baking pan (or 2 pans if your making both halves of the 1 1/2 pounder); optionally sprinkle with cornmeal.
- 11Roll out the 1 pound dough or each half of the 1 1/2 pounder to fit the bottom of the pan(s), and to reach halfway up the sides of prepared pan(s).
- 12Cover and let rise in a warm place till nearly double (30 to 45 minutes).
- 13Bake in a 375°F oven for 20 to 25 minutes or till lightly browned.
- 14Top with pizza sauce and toppings of your choice.
- 15Bake 15 to 20 minutes more or till bubbly.
Browse Our Top Low Cholesterol Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Low Cholesterol Recipes
Nutritional Facts for One Pound Pizza Dough Abm (Or 1 1/2 Pounds)
Serving Size: 1 (433 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 1082.1
- Calories from Fat 186
- Total Fat 20.7 g
- Saturated Fat 2.7 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 1174.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 192.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 7.8 g
- Sugars 0.6 g
- Protein 27.4 g