1/1 Photo of One Pot Wonder
Literary Mom's Note:
This tastes so fresh and healthy, it's hard to believe it's a 20 minute pantry supper. It's even faster if you you have a jar of tapenade on hand.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 6 ounces orzo pasta
- 2 cups water
- 2 cups chicken stock
- 2 (6 ounce) cans solid white tuna, drained
- 1 (14 ounce) can diced tomatoes, drained
- 1 cup kalamata olive, pitted
- 2 teaspoons capers
- 2 garlic cloves
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 1 -2 teaspoon thyme (fresh or dried) (optional)
- 1 -2 teaspoon basil (fresh or dried) (optional)
- 1/2 cup parmesan cheese (pre-grated is fine)
- 1 tablespoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper, freshly ground
- 1Boil water and stock in a large pot.
- 2Add orzo and cook until tender, about 10 minutes.
- 3While orzo is cooking, process olives, capers, garlic, olive oil, vinegar, and optional herbs in a blender or food processor until it resembles a course paste (i.e. tapenade).
- 4When orzo is cooked, drain it, return it to the pot and stir in the tapenade to coat the noodles. Add more olive oil if it seems dry.
- 5Mix in flaked tuna, tomatoes, parmesan, garlic powder and freshly ground black pepper.
- 6Stir well and serve.
Browse Our Top One-Dish Meal Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All One-Dish Meal Recipes
Nutritional Facts for One Pot Wonder
Serving Size: 1 (538 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 607.2
- Calories from Fat 268
- Total Fat 29.8 g
- Saturated Fat 6.1 g
- Cholesterol 40.9 mg
- Sodium 1255.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 47.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 4.1 g
- Sugars 6.9 g
- Protein 37.5 g